TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - When I said...
People Seeking Info

Subject When I said...

Posted by DVDBURN (MD) on May 10, 2013 at 8:01 PM
  This message has been viewed 234 times.

In Reply To Under normal ops no fuel should get out of the injector posted by OverZealous (CT) on May 09, 2013 at 09:43 PM

Message "Nothing to do with the breakdown of the insulating material", I was refering to the insulating material of the injector coil. This is what "MixManMash" was most likely refering to because of the previous info put out by JWT where they tried to say the problem was the breakdown of the insulating material causing the coil to get damaged. Although this may be a problem with injectors of a different type (i've seen stories of this happening to GM cars) I don't believe this has been a problem with our cars. JWT put out pictures of that happening but I'm willing to argue what injector those pictures belong to.

Re: no?
No!

Re: but with no other cars exhibiting this level of injector trouble*

Really? You haven't heard of this being a major problem in other cars too? Wow!

A simple search of the web will turn up thousands of links regarding the subject in many makes of automobiles. There are people out there replacing injectors due to this problem just as much as we are. I could post a ton of specific links but why waste my time? Why debate something that's so obvious and the information of which is so easy to find?

Yes. The fuel is seeping to the top of the injectors because of ethanol. Yes, it's because of ethanol that electroylsis is a problem. Yes, it's because of ethanol that injectors (not just our injectors) are going bad.

www.mytwinturbo.com

Nissan Data Voice - The first Nissan diagnostic software with a voice!

Nissan Data Voice on YouTube

Download my Nissan 300ZX Vin/Model Lookup.

Watch an ECZA meet caravan!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.